Students are to be treated with respect and dignity. In return, they must demonstrate respect for themselves, for others, and for the responsibilities of citizenship through acceptable behavior. Respect and responsibility are demonstrated when a student:
- Comes to school prepared on time, and ready to learn.
- Shows respect for others and for those in authority.
- Refrains from bringing anything to school that may compromise the safety of others.
- Exercises self-discipline, and follows established rules.
- Be courteous to fellow students and obedient to teachers.
- Show respect for school property and maintains clean environment of the school.
Student shall be admitted to Western International School as follows:
- Pre-K and K students are not required to take an Admission Test. They are grouped according to their English ability and age.
- First graders shall be at least six years old. A Placement Test may be required for first grade students. If their English is not at the required standard, they may be downgraded to Kindergarten. A birth certificate is also required for first graders.
- Students entering second grade or higher shall have adequate valid documents from previous schools which prove that they have successfully completed their prior courses of study and shall pass the Admission Test at WIS.
To enroll at WIS, students must fulfill the following requirements:
- Have Valid Credentials from Previous School
- Take a Placement Test
- Meet Age Requirement (e.g. Grade 1 must be at least 6 years old) by giving a birth certificate
- Official Transcript
- Official Transfer Certificate
- A Junior High School Diploma (For Grade 10 or above)